SQL/R A.03.00 InstallationThis document covers the installation of SQL/R A.03.00 and/or update from a previous SQL/R release.
SQL/R is available for HP 9000 and HP Integrity servers:
- PA-RISC based systems: HP-UX 11iv1 (11.11) or later is required.
- Itanium based systems: HP-UX 11iv2 (11.23) or later is required.
- SQL/R is available as an RPM package for the IA32 (i686), AMD64/EM64T (x86_64) and IA64 (Itanium) architecture.
SQL/R is available for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) systems:
- Windows XP, Server 2003 or later is required.
SQL/R A.03.00 replaces a previous SQL/R installation.
- HP-UX and Linux
- The SQL/R A.03.00 software is installed to the "/opt/sqlr2/" directory.
- An existing installation of a previous SQL/R release is updated or replaced when installing SQL/R A.03.00. The installation procedure retains the configuration of a previous SQL/R release.
- By default, SQL/R A.03.00 is installed to the "Marxmeier\sqlr2" directory below "Program Files". On 64-bit Windows, SQL/R is installed below "Program Files (x86)". Product specific files are no longer installed into the Windows system32 directory.
- The SQL/R A.03.00 installation program automatically upgrades any previous SQL/R software (see upgrade note in the Windows installation instructions for details).
SQL/R A.03.00 requires a license key version A.03.00 or above. For a new SQL/R installation or when upgrading from a previous SQL/R version a new license key must be obtained to use the SQL/R server components.
Please refer to SQL/R A.03.00 License Key documentation for additional details.
The SQL/R A.03.00 release is available for download from the marxmeier.com web site: http://www.marxmeier.com/download/sqlr/A0300/.
Please check the SQL/R web site for any updates and recommended patches.
SQL/R installation follows the conventions of the respective platform. For a detailed description, please refer to the following platform specific installation instructions.
The HP-UX installation instructions provide
information on supported HP-UX releases, required HP-UX patches and system prerequisites.
Linux installation instructions provide
information on supported Linux releases, system prerequisites and installation
along with distribution specific notes.
- Windows installation instructions provide information on supported Windows versions, system prerequisites and installation along with platform specific notes.
The A.03.00 SQL/R configuration document provides detailed information on configuration directory and file names, config templates, and config settings.